Why use reusable bags?
- Reusable bags save water, trees, and petroleum resources.
- Less petroleum sources will be used if fewer plastic or paper bags are shipped to grocery and retail stores.
- Reusing bags will cut down air pollution—fewer new bags will be manufactured.
- The cost of recycling plastic bags outweighs their value.
- Plastic bags take hundreds of years to degrade and take up landfill space.
- Plastic bags clog up storm drains and cause serious floods.
- Less plastic bags in the oceans means fewer sea turtles and marine
animals will be harmed!
Reusable bags, as well as all kinds of reusable goods, can be found at many places including supermarkets and websites. Look for starter kits on the websites, they come with a variety of items and save you money. Just remember to bring them when you go to the grocery store or shopping mall!
Good resources for alternatives to plastic:
Blue Lotus Goods
25 Reasons to go Reusable
101 Uses for a Reusable Bag
Video: Plastic State of Mind (Parody)