Cost of Trip (10 day or 12 day) Includes:
- Ground transportation San Jose-Puntarenas and return
- 11-day / 10-night cruise OR 13-day / 12-night cruise with all meals and non-alcoholic drinks
- Divemaster service; Seven or nine full days of action-packed diving with three to four dives per day (incl. nitrox fills, tanks and weights)
- National Park Fee: $35 per day (on a 10-night trip there are 7 diving days spent at the Cocos Island Marine Conservation Area; on a 12-night trip there are 9 diving days). Please note: the national park fees are subject to change.
- Transportation to San Jose, Costa Rica
- Hotel in San Jose, Costa Rica
- Lunch en route to Puntarenas on Day 1
- Additional equipment rental you might need not included above
Sample Itinerary on 10-day trip:
Arrival Day -- You must arrive at least one day prior to the boat departure date.
Upon arrival to San Josť, we can have transportation waiting for you for the cost of $10-20 or you can take a taxi to your hotel. There are always taxis available at the airport, and minivans for those of you who carry a lot of gear. We can also recommend and arrange accommodations for hotels in San Josť. Please note that we do not pick up from all San Jose hotels.
The evening before boat departure, an Undersea Hunter representative will fax you to confirm your pick-up time the next day. The evening is at your leisure. Air transport, airport transfers, hotel nights and meals before and after the cruise are not included in the charter.
-- The following day, generally between 8 AM and 1 PM we pick up from certain hotels and transfer everybody by bus to Puntarenas where you will board the vessel. The drive takes about 2 1/2 hours, and gives you a chance to view the lush forest and rich farmland of the region.
Due to occasional low tides our boats may need to depart from the pier earlier in the day. Should this occur, you will be transferred by skiff to the vessel. When all passengers have arrived on board, the vessel will take a 32-36 hour cruise out to Cocos Island.
-- A travel day. There will be time to arrange dive and camera gear as well as enjoy the Pacific and the sunshine. Also, the group of incredibly experienced divers provides plenty of stories to pass the time. There are videos and the experience of the Captain and crew to help you get excited for the diving...as if you need them! In addition, you may want to take this time to take one of our technical diving courses.
Days 3 - 8
-- Spent diving the pinnacles around the perimeter of Cocos Island. Divers usually average three dives per day at depths of 60-100 feet or more. Participants, depending on experience, may have an opportunity to help tag sharks, deploy receivers and record data during dives. Seminars and talks provided by PRETOMA and Turtle Island staff after dinners.
-- Make the last 3 dives before the cruise back to Costa Rica and reality!
-- All day to discuss the diving and to compare your adventures!
-- Arrival to Puntarenas. Immediately after breakfast you will be transported back to San Jose. We strongly recommend staying one more night on land before flying out, in case of any unforeseen delays.